[Eug-lug] Sun RPC vs Debian

Max Lemieux max at lunarlogic.com
Tue Jan 18 21:12:02 PST 2005

Here's what I found searching apt for rsh, minus noise (I'm running
SimplyMepis which is pinned to Debian testing/unstable, your results may
vary):

max at 2[~]$ apt-cache search rsh|grep rsh|sort
cook-rsh - Remote execution scripts for cook
fsh - Fast remote command execution over rsh/ssh/lsh
krb5-clients - Secure replacements for ftp, telnet and rsh using MIT
Kerberos
krb5-rsh-server - Secure replacements for rshd and rlogind  using MIT
Kerberos
rsh-client - rsh clients.
rsh-redone-client - Reimplementation of rsh and rlogin
rsh-redone-server - Reimplementation of rshd and rlogind
rsh-server - rsh servers.
ssh-krb5 - Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement (OpenSSH with Kerberos)
ssh - Secure rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement (OpenSSH)

Looks like "apt-get install rsh-client rsh-server" might work for you.

-Max