[Eug-lug] Local dial tone providers - Qwest alternatives?

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Tue Jan 18 12:57:24 PST 2005

Alan wrote:

> The WISP is a bigger problem, since if the hills I think are the Coburg
>  hills are, in fact, the Coburg hills, I don't have LOS to them.
> This lead me to Comcast, the folks who want $15 more for worse upstream
> than I get from Qwest.

Where do you live?  There are also antennas on Blanton Heights (due
south of downtown) and Murray Hill (south of Beltline/W. 11th).  The
Coburg hills are north of Gateway.  All three sites are pretty easy to
see at night because of the blinking red lights.

Also consider whether a rooftop antenna would help.  The cost is
small potatoes compared to several years of access fees.

Next time I move, I'm definitely working out the internet angle before
I close on the house. (-:

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob at jogger-egg.com