[Eug-lug] Computer time on Mozilla email?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Jan 16 20:32:35 PST 2005

Jeff Newton wrote:

> Well, I checked the email, I just sent to the list and it was one
> minute later than the time, I had sent it to the list, Mr. O, so, it
> looks like my computer time is okay. I'm too thinking now its EFN's
> mail server time, most likely or the receiving party??

Well, except for the fact that, according to the headers of your email...

You sent the first message at 12:17 PM today.
Mr. O sent the reply at 8:20 PM today.
You replied to that at 12:23 PM today.
I'm writing this reply at 8:32 PM today.

Unless you live in a different timezone or warpzone, I'd suspect that
your timezone is wrong, if your computer time is correct.

Another possibility would be the setting "Computer time is GMT" when the
computer time is actually PST.

It appears you are eight hours off. I'm assuming you wrote the two
emails above at 8:17 and 8:23, respectively.

You'll need to adjust your timezone settings to be correct.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #7 (Collect all 24)
"I am bigger than anything that can happen to me. All these things, sorrow, misfortune, and suffering, are outside my door. I am in the house, and I have the key." - Charles Fletcher Lummis