[Eug-lug] cool little hack for OSX python users

horst horsu at freeshell.org
Sat Jan 15 15:29:17 PST 2005

> Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:20:01 +0000
> From: larry price <laprice at gmail.com>
>
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:28:50 -0800, perdurabo <perdurabo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Who's developing Python these days? 16 year old MTV drones driving
>> "sooped up" Ford Focuses? "Pimp" has to be the worst (and most
  Hey Mr. smartA#$ -- the mailman engine which just sent you this message
is written in python (though I am not sure about the age of the
authors :-)

> It's supposed to be Package manager IMPlementation or something like
> that. It's specific to OSX, the author is working on extending it to
> packaging installer ready scripts .

  I'd consider the lack of readline in python/OSX a flaw of the OS
packager: they should have manually enabled readline when compiling for
OSX.
  Being platform independent, python doesn't have it enabled by default
since some retarded OSes don't come with readline.

  - Horst