[Eug-lug] Slow RAID0

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Sat Jan 15 16:02:02 PST 2005

I did that... before I got the raid setup, I tested the drives individually.
they came up about 45/MB/s each, raided they come up about 50 MB/s.
on the primary ide controller (onboard) I have the 160 gb disk), it does about
56-58 MB/s as a single drive.

I have a dvdr on the secondary controller, its suppose to be ata100. my
primary is supposed to be ata133, but hdparm shows it as udma5, while the 200
gb disks show udma6.
I was thinking of trying to put the raid drives as master/slave on the
secondary controller, and test the performance... its probably better than
the current setup.

Jamie