[Eug-lug] Mac Mini, oooohh, kawai

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 21:59:46 PST 2005

Not really, look at it this way, students buying Mac minis are more
likely to continue buying Apple products once they graduate.

And the industry average cost for aquiring a customer is right around
$200 dollars a head, (that's $200 in marketing efforts per confirmed
sale to a __new__ customer, and apple is probably above average in
this)

If Jobs is as good at communicating his taste and attitudes to the
rest of the Apple executive team and teaching them to think like he
does then billg might be getting a little worried right now.

Especially since a LOT of these things are going to slip into all-pc
homes as iPod companions, and as those of us who've been drinking this
kool-aid for a while now know, having a Mac around will make your PC
look positively ailing and infirm by comparison.

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:06:53 -0800 (PST), Jason <chanjb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Nice. I checked with the Eugene Mac store and they
> have no ETA. I also checked with the Digital Duck (UO
> Bookstore). The guy said they think they will have
> them in on the 22nd, and that they should be at about
> a $100-150 discount for students (seemed a bit of a
> big discount to me).
>
> Jason
>
> --- Mr O <notanatheist at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I ordered mine. Hope they have a strong production
> > line ready.
> > Bet those things sell faster than any other PC
> > they've built.
> > Heck, they got me!
> >

> > --- Jeff Newton <newton at efn.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Hehehe, 6 months from now, if it happens - we'll
> > all me MAC
> > > GEEKS, well
> > > almost, I  think! ;)
> > >
> > > Tryin' to get me to go back to my roots, huh??
> > Sometimes the
> > > best of
> > > both worlds makes wonders more merrier than one's
> > beautiful
> > > minds - no,
> > > silly, I wasn't talking about the movie dangit!
> > >
> > > Jeff

> > change the name
> > > of

http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?