[Eug-lug] Printer Question

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Sat Jan 8 19:15:01 PST 2005

Jason <chanjb at yahoo.com> writes:

 % Yeah, but free is a good price. Personally, I stick
 % with HP - the LJ 6P and 1100 have been good to me over
 % the years.

NO.... Free is not a good price if your maintenance is high.

Look at the total cost of ownership, not at the initial price.

 % Jason
 %
 % --- Mr O <notanatheist at yahoo.com> wrote:
 %
 % > Lexmark is a PITA. I'd buy an HP or Epson for linux.
 % > It was a
 % > pain just to get my Canon working but I eventually
 % > got it with
 % > CUPS. Lexmark cartridges far outweigh what the
 % > printer is
 % > actually worth.
 % >
 % >
 % > --- Jason <chanjb at yahoo.com> wrote:
 % >
 % > > Jeff:
 % > >
 % > > Chances are you'll be able to get it printing,
 % > > although you may not have full functionality. You
 % > can
 % > > check at:
 % > >
 % > > http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi
 % > >
 % > > To see what sort of support you might expect (if
 % > you
 % > > have the model number).
 % > >
 % > > Jason
 % > >
 % > > --- Jeff Newton <newton at efn.org> wrote:
 % > >
 % > > > Hey guys -
 % > > >
 % > > > I have a friend of mine that would like to give
 % > me a
 % > > > Lemark
 % > > > printer/copier to use with my computer, but he
 % > has
 % > > > software on a CD that
 % > > > say's its for windows, I'm kinda wondering if
 % > this
 % > > > printer would be
 % > > > compatible to use with Debian and Mozilla or
 % > not??
 % > > >
 % >
 % >
 % >
 % >
 % > __________________________________
 % > Do you Yahoo!?
 % > Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.
 % >
 % > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
 % > _______________________________________________
 % > EUGLUG mailing list
 % > euglug at euglug.org
 % >
 %
 %
 %
 %
 % Do you Yahoo!?
 % Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
 % http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
 % EUGLUG mailing list
 % euglug at euglug.org