[Eug-lug] Printer Question

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Sat Jan 8 17:23:20 PST 2005

On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 02:03:42PM -0800, Mr O wrote:
> Lexmark is a PITA. I'd buy an HP or Epson for linux. It was a
> pain just to get my Canon working but I eventually got it with
> CUPS. Lexmark cartridges far outweigh what the printer is
> actually worth.

yeah, stay away from Lexmark if you plan to use OpenSource stuff.

there are some "drivers", but I swear they broke a Lexmark I once had.
that wasn't all bad though.  I shouldn't have even bought it in the
first place.

the only real choices in the low-end printer market are HP and Epson,
but any printer that understands PostSctipt natively (usually not
found on comsumer level printers) will work.

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>