[Eug-lug] Concurrency, (free lunch is over article)

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 11:30:32 PST 2005

http://www.gotw.ca/publications/concurrency-ddj.htm

I was talking about this article last night, I read it a couple of days ago
and it seemed important to me then.

On a practical level, I'd like to ask the list regarding your
experiences with multi-processing machines and the hardware and
software issues that go with them.

My experience is not necessarily all that positive,
I've seen SMP machines crash hard because they reached inconsistent states.

I've also had to deal with concurrency issues in a network context,
and would be interested in hearing about tools to analyse concurrent
processes
(tools including software, but mostly the math and logic tools that
give an insight into what is happening and why and reason about
systems coherently)
--
http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?