[Eug-lug] receiving email on Debian

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 10:41:35 PST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:11:54 -0800, Allen Brown <allen_brown at agilent.com> wrote:
> That is probably the problem.  I don't seem to be running
> any of them.  I will install postfix and see if that fixes
> the problem.
>
> Is there any reason to be running sendmail *and* postfix on
> the same system?  (One of the IT managed systems here are
> set up that way.)

Is that system running a lot of spamfiltering software, or special
mail software?

Of course it could be that postfix is letting you call it sendmail
(this is very common).

There are occassionally very good reasons to run multiple MTA's on a
given machine,
but they are mostly associated with some type of message parsing
software that needs it's own queueing receiver.

And usually you just use multiple instances of the same MTA.