[Eug-lug] grrrr.... damn computers! current dmesg included!

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Thu Jan 6 07:39:21 PST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 10:56 am, Garl Grigsby wrote:
: Linux Rocks! wrote:
: >no matter what I do libata's output remains the same. it just doesnt show
: > my drives.
:
: You might have already mentioned this, but does the bios see the drives
: if you go into the raid controller setup (ctrl-s during post if I recall
: correctly)

Yes it does see the raid disks fine, someone suggested seeing if things will
boot from that controller, and I pulled /dev/hda, and put it on the raid
controller by it self, and it did start to boot (till it didnt find a file
system on hda!
I have tested the hardware under windows, and it does function. so im pretty
sure its not a hardware failure.

Things Ive done recently:
Lots of kernels, 2.6.10, 2.6.9 mostly.
Tried lilo append lines: hd?=noprob, noacpi, ...
tried hooking a bootable hard drive on the raid controller, and booted system.

Ive tried the kernel option for ide drives on ide raid controllers. ive tried
sata_sis.
Ive tried gen2dmraid, gentoo, slackware, knopppix cd's
Ive pulled the raid drives out, if had them in as a raid (in the bios), and as
regular disks...

one thing remains consistant. I cant boot, I cant seem to find disks that are
on the sis 180 raid controller.

when the output of ataraid changes, then I will see devices.

Jamie

:
: Gar;
: EUGLUG mailing list