[Eug-lug] Gnoppix Ubuntu LiveCDs at meeting tomorrow

Max Lemieux max at lunarlogic.com
Wed Jan 5 15:07:35 PST 2005

Hi Larry,

2 questions about the PPC CD's:

1) is there a torrent?
2) does it boot on Old-World G3? (i.e. beige 233/desktop rev1 G3)

I used Ubuntu for a little while and found it to be solid, friendly and
full-featured (although lacking the hardware detection I've been spoiled
by in other distros... ;) ). I'm looking to set up a new PPC Linux
install, since the ancient 1GB SCSI external drive "boat anchor"
attached to my G3 running DebianPPC has gone to Davy Jones' Locker. Next
drive for this system will be produced this century, if I can help it.

Cheers,
Max