[Eug-lug] To Horst-Q/colours

walter fry kd7kpa at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 19:03:36 PST 2005

thanks 4 your interest.. My text.ed is GDM2 (gnome ver.=2.5.90.2 last
up.d.=2/12/4 ) I was using the right click in the fedora main screen which
says "open terminal" and that gives me a command line where I entered " ls
-lh " this gives me the permissions some text.. and some stuff in colour,
that is what got my interest, I wanted to know what it meant, and I was
wondering from where this colour coding was controled.  That stuff about
escape sequences is totally puzzeling to me particularly since I could not
find any reference in any of my books. perhaps I'm just not smart enough to
know how to look it up. There is soooo much stuff in there,  sometimes I
wonder if it is really worth the trouble and frustration, to spend so much
time in front of a dumb box of rocks and make such slow progress. It might
be wiser to go back to my 286 where I was better than I am here.
WF.