[Eug-lug] meeting tonite???

Linux Rocks! linux at rocksolidnetworks.com
Sat Jan 1 16:26:15 PST 2005

On Saturday 01 January 2005 02:28 am, T. Joseph CARTER wrote:
: On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:02:48PM -0800, Linux Rocks! wrote:
: > So, I was wondering if people plan on meeting here tonite? If so, I
: > could use some help getting a computer working (ata raid).
: >
: > if not, then maybe I'll do something different!
:
: If you've still got this thing needing help next week (I've been sick the
: past couple of days) I'll be happy to have a look at it.  I've had a
: little experience with "abnormal" IDE controllers, though it's about two
: years dated--the Promise controller in my old Abit-board Duron system and
: some work I did to make a Debian installer for one of efn's machines that
: didn't work with Debian's antiquated hardware support.  ;)
heh, I really hope to have it working right by then, but its not looking that
way!

So far, ive found/read lots of docs, none of which are specific to what Im
doing somehow.
Im trying a sata_sis module (compiling into the kernel right now...)
I can load it, and it loads libata, but i dont know what to do after that.
dmesg shows info, but nothing about the array or hard disks...
I currently am running a 2.6.9 kernel in it, and its running on a separate ide
hard disk. but I really want it to just run the array.

: EUGLUG mailing list
: euglug at euglug.org

I did this 'cause Linux gives me a woody.  It doesn't generate revenue.
	-- Dave '-ddt->` Taylor, announcing DOOM for Linux