[spam?][banned content: ] Re: [Eug-lug] Thursday meeting tomorrow uncertain

Alan Crandall alanore at comcast.net
Thu Jul 29 14:38:12 PDT 2004

At 10:38 AM 7/29/2004, you wrote:

>Jason Dommasch wrote:
>
> > Sorry to break the news so late, but I have another get together to attend
> > to a little after 7:30 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday).  I'm currently the key
> > keeper and alarm setter for the meeting space at OPN.

Guess there will not be enuf time for my questions/problems?Basically, I am
new to Linux and want to be able to login as a user or root/superuser.I can
do some admin work if I login as a user/open a term window/change to
superuser BUT would prefer to do my admin work thru the gui.The other thing
that I need some help with is the different compressors.I know how to
inzip/gunzip but I dled crossover demo and have no idea how to decompress
it.Would there be time for that tonite or better to wait till next
meeting.Running Mandrake 10 community.Thanks from a newbie! :)