[Eug-lug] reconized A;/ but..

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:54:25 PDT 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:24:46 +0000, walter freihube
<wfreihube at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The supermount enable command seems to have done the trick. the disk turned
> and the activity light came on. Also I got a lot of screen data from which I
> am still not getting smart. the last three lines go like:
/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows/ntfs isocharset=iso8859-1,ro,umask=0 0 0 none
/proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda6 swap swap defaults 0 0

the first entry on each line is the the device
the second is the mountpoint (proc and swap are special)
and the remainder of the line is the options

it's the same format as /etc/fstab

try
man 5 fstab

to get the gory details

...What does all this mean?
> What do I do next?

http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?