[Eug-lug] source of ssh scanner

larry price laprice at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 10:35:27 PDT 2004

If you've been seeing a bunch of ssh login attempts in your logs
here's one of the reasons
http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/08202004.brutessh2.c.php

I rather doubt that anyone on this list is using passwords this weak.

But, it's worth checking out for your machines.

I guess I'm mildly surprised at how crude the damn thing is, couldn't
they at least use a loadable dictionary?

On the other hand i have seen people set up their first linux system
with very weak passwords in case they forget the root password (write
it down in a secure location, yeah maybe the DHS will break into your
office and rifle your safe but j. random 5Cr1p7-K1dd13 won't)

--
http://Zoneverte.org -- information explained
Do you know what your IT infrastructure does?