[Eug-lug] fast file system

Cory Petkovsek cory at adaptableit.com
Mon Aug 23 20:01:23 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 07:27:46PM -0400, Alan Crandall wrote:
> I have an Amiga hd that was formatted using ffs and have had it instorage and
> would like to see what is on it using mandrake. I have a scsi controller that
> is seen during boot but the hd does not show up in my /mnt dir.Is there a way
> to see it or will I need to install  ffs for Mandrake?Thanks!

Look at the Amiga Fast File System driver.
Try this:

mkdir /mnt/sdc1
mount -t affs /dev/sdc1 /mnt/sdc1

Where sdc is the name of the scsi disk that has your amiga file system on.
Boot up messages or the dmesg command will confirm this.  1 is the first
partition on the disk.  You may try different numbers for /dev/sdc[1,2,3..]

You may have to load the affs kernel module before it will mount with something
like this as root:
# modprobe affs

If the above doesn't work then you probably have to recompile the kernel just
to get a loadable module.

http://www.unixguide.net/linux/faq/03.06.shtml
http://www.ictp.trieste.it/~radionet/nuc1996/ref/howto-html/module-howto.html
http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/Kernel-HOWTO.html

Cory

--
Cory Petkovsek                                       Adapting Information
Adaptable IT Consulting                                Technology to Your