[Eug-lug] Gentoo - what use flags did a package compile with?

Bob Miller kbob at jogger-egg.com
Mon Aug 23 19:30:08 PDT 2004

Rob Hudson wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out why my xorg-x11, et al., doesn't see my
> truetype fonts.  Does one of the files in /var/db/pkg say what USE flags
> or configure string was used?
>
> Any other reasons why my Truetype fonts don't work?

I don't know why your fonts don't work, but you can check what USE
flags Portage would use now to install a package like this.

	emerge x11-base/xorg-x11 -vp

Also, it looks like this file lists the USE flags xorg-x11 was built
with.

	/var/db/pkg/x11-base/xorg-x11-6.7.0-r1/USE

kbobsoft software consulting
http://kbobsoft.com                     kbob at jogger-egg.com