[Eug-lug] batch convert

Allen Brown abrown at peak.org
Sat Aug 21 11:59:32 PDT 2004

mogrify is a cool command.  I've been using it for many years to
make thumbnails automagically.  But there is one thing that
annoys me.  There is no way to tell it to make the output filename
different from the input file.  So to make a thumbnail I have to
  cp ${fullsize}.jpg ${thumbnail}.jpg
  mogrify -options ${thumbnail}.jpg

Do you know of a more efficient way to do this?
--
Allen Brown
  work: Agilent Technologies      non-work: http://www.peak.org/~abrown/
        allen_brown at agilent.com	            abrown at peak.org
  A good politician is quite as unthinkable as an honest burglar.
  ---H. L. Mencken