[Eug-lug] Digital Audio Tapes

Garl Grigsby badd_karma at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 09:47:10 PDT 2004

    Does anybody have any experience with DATs that acutually contain
audio (in a straight audio)? I have been given a tape that has a
conference recorded on DAT tape that I need to convert to a digital
format (mp3/wav/etc) for distribution. While I have access to a number
of DDS drives, it appears that very few drives actually support reading
audio data. [1] So I guess what I am looking for is somebody localy that
can handle these types of tapes and give me either an audio cd or a disk
with WAV files on it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Garl

[1] http://www.ncf.ca/~aa571/datfaq.htm