[Eug-lug] While we're on the subject of Gentoo...

Ken Barber kenb at nu-world.com
Tue Aug 10 20:19:37 PDT 2004

I, too tried to install Gentoo recently and can't even get the install kernel
to boot.

I've not been able to find anything applicable on their bug list.  Maybe
someone here knows:

Mac G3 beige tower, old world ROM.  That means that you can't boot from CD,
you have to start in Mac OS 8 or 9 and then use Bootx to get into the Linux
kernel.

Bootx has been working fine with Yellowdog Linux for well over a year.  But
when I try to start the Gentoo kernel (copied from the install CD) it hangs
before the kernel even loads.

Anyone here have a clue for me?

Thanks,

Ken