[Eug-lug] gentoo no network install.

Timothy Bolz bolzt at efn.org
Mon Aug 9 18:17:23 PDT 2004

Jackson

Your right the documentation is good.  I think I know what I did wrong.  I
had a friend download the universal iso from linuxiso.org then for the
secondary disk I had him download from the gentoo mirror osu site.  I think
the portage tree was not sync'd between the two thus causing the errors.  I'm
going to have him download the first disk from the osu site and hopefull do
the install again.  At least I'm getting good at the Gentoo install's. :-)

Ill have to wait and see if this solves the problem.  I know enought about
rtfm.  But when you read the manuals and it isn't doing what it should be
doing then it's time to ask some questions.  I've read the portage stuff from
the manual.  I just couldn't get it to do the install, possibly it's from
what I described above.

Tim